Thursday, 4 June 2015

A few of my favourite places and things to do in London

So my time in London is quickly coming to an end. I can't believe i have completed my placement year already, actually now i think about it, it hasn't gone  as quick as i thought it would. However I have learnt an awful lot along the way.

 In my short time of living in London, i have been to some pretty awesome places and made some life long friends from all over the world.  I'm so thankful that i have been given this opportunity and i have so many great memories to take away from this past year that will last a life time. In between having fun and working i thought i would share with you just a few of my favourite places in London that i have recently visited.

 First, i will start with Portobello Road Market at Notting Hill.
 If you haven’t been, you must and if you have been already I give you permission to go again! 
I love everything about it down to the quirky odd things the market sellers sell to the beautiful multi-million pound houses that line the curvy streets. Each and every one reflects every inkling of sunshine off their glossy painted walls. You can find antiques, street food, vintage clothes, London tack (souvenirs) and much more. I still can't get over how long Portobello road actually is, so if your in it for the good make sure you've got your comfy shoes on!



 

The best thing about Portobello Road Market is the variety of tasty street food offered. As you can see i decided to choose the Paella for my lunch, it was great, it was full of seafood such as Squid, Mussels and giant Prawns. I definitely got my moneys worth at a affordable £6.


Speaking of markets, I have also visited Old Spitalfield Market, a stone throw from Liverpool St, which involved slightly less walking than Portobello Road. Although I have only been here once, it definitely lived up to my expectations. It’s not quite centered in the streets of Notting Hill however it is undercover which makes it a perfect day out rain or shine! There must be nearly 500 sellers, the majority are selling clothes and leather handbags. The odd craft stall was scattered among the food stalls which are located along the side of the main market. I must say I did pick up a gorgeous little Vintage print dress which will be perfect for those sunny afternoons in the garden back home.

Living in Finsbury Park isn’t the most glamorous place to live however it does mean that I’m only one tube stop away from the beautiful town of Highbury & Islington. If you are ever hunting for a cafĂ© to get a coffee and maybe some lunch that is reasonably priced, Upper St in Highbury is the place to go. The high street is lined with funky coffee shops and restaurants offering the most yummiest food with the most beautiful little side gardens down the side streets.

To say I am a huge fan of the theatre is an understatement. I love it,anything with a good sing along I am there. I am so happy to say that i finally got the chance to watch Matilda the Musical at the Cambridge Theatre. It was actually amazing and in my opinion better than Wicked. Matilda is a childhood favorite of mine and I actually know every word. It was staged so well, along with heaps of adult humor making it suitable for all the family. The songs were different to the ones in the film however they were amazing and so catchy, I’m sure I will be singing them for weeks to come! I recommend it to anyone who fancy’s a night at the theatre.





These are just a few of my favourite places that i have visited in the last month! Where are your favorite places in London to Visit? If you have any recommendations I would love to hear them!

oxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

01 09 10